- Daily maintenance of public rest room facilities, including but not limited to cleaning the mirrors, sinks, toilets, floors (e.g. mopping, sweeping), walls, doors, emptying trash receptacles, replenishing supplies, and maintaining cleanliness of grounds outside of the public rest rooms.
- Assists with room set up/clean up for meetings and special events.
- Assists with grounds keeping duties as needed.
- Assists visitors by giving directions to exhibits and answering questions and aiding in emergency situations.
- Provides support and assistance to any and all special events such as Wildlights and Zoofari.
- Assures safety of self, staff, animals and guests through regular participation in safety training and activities; compliance with standard operating procedures; and, proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists other facilities staff when required.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Posted schedule may be subject to change based on operational needs such as weather condition, guest attendance and department needs.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
- New-Hire TB testing required.
- Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
- Able to work in varied weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat, rain).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
- Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
- Able to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it G.R.E.A.T. standards required.
- Able to maintain appropriate employee appearance (see uniform guidelines in the employee handbook).
- Availability on weekends and holidays is mandatory.
- Subject to BMV check.
- Subject to Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Subject to Criminal Background check.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed